Xbox 360′s biggest game is about to get a whole lot bigger…
Posted on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 by Alex Trotter-Fernandez
Today Epic and Microsoft announced the release of an add-on pack known as the Horde Command Pack, launching on the 1st November. Just to make clear to those individuals with poor reading skills, this is not an add-on for Pimps;
Included in the DLC:
Three New maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
Two new weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
And Finally three new characters; Onyx Guard, Big Rig Dizzy, and Bernie.
For 800 mps this is one hell of a deal, with tons of new content to keep you busy into the wee hours. If Epic are going to be releasing goodies like this throughout the year, I suggest getting the Season pass which is currently going for 2400 mps. If you do the math that’s a saving of 33%. I wouldn’t hesitate pimping up your game November 1st with the Horde Command Pack. Let’s hope they bring out some deleted scenes as well, I have a feeling with some of the gaps in the main story, they’ll be arriving in Sera shortly.